CVRG iGoogle Federated Query Gadget
From CVRG Wiki
|Software Type||Vendor/Name||Minimum Recommended Version|
|Web Browser||Mozilla Firefox||3.5|
iGoogle Federated Query Gadget Workflow
Step One: Connect to iGoogle & Login
1. Open your web browser and go to the iGoogle website.
2. Click on the "Sign In" link to go to the Google Sign In page.
3. Sign in with your Google id and password. If you don't have a Google account, click the "Create an account now" link to make one.
Step Two: Add CVRG iGoogle Federated Query Gadget to iGoogle Dashboard
1. Click on the "Add Stuff >>" link on the right-hand side of the iGoogle image at the top of the page.
2. In the "Search for gadgets" window in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, enter "My Gadgets" and click Search.
3. Find the My Gadgets tool from Google itself and click the "Add it now" button.
4. Click on the "<< Back to iGoogle home" link in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
5. You should now see My Gadgets in the upper left-hand corner of your dashboard. In the "Add a gadget" text field, enter the following after the double slash: "demo.cvrgrid.org/gadgets/cvrgReyFedQ.xml" and click "Add".
6. Click "OK" on the warning message that appears. Google is just telling you that this tool is outside of iGoogle, so they want you to know they are not in control of it.
7. Important to do: Now you should have the tool in the upper right-hand corner of your dashboard. Make sure to uncheck "Cached" for the cvrgReyFedQ.xml in your My Gadgets window.
Step Three: Select Criteria for Federated Query & Search
The gadget that you have added is an example of the tool that can only run for the query described. It has a specific set of HIPAA compliant information that it will demonstrate.
1. Click the Birth Year drop-down box and select "between".
2. In the first Birth Year text field, enter "1930".
3. In the second Birth Year text field, enter "1950".
4. For the Gender drop-down, select "Male".
5. Click on the Imaging Tab.
6. Click the LV EF drop-down box and select "between".
7. In the first LV EF text field, enter "10".
8. In the second LV EF text field, enter "30".
9. Click on the Protein Tab.
10. Click on the TNFa Rec 2 drop-down box and select ">".
11. In the first TNFa Rec 2 text field, enter "3000".
12. Once you have entered all of these parameters, click the search link.
13. A screen will appear showing that the parameters have been submitted for processing. Click "OK".
14. Once you click OK, the Federated Query Gadget will advance to the Results Tab. Click on the "click here to check for results" link in the Query Tool.
Step Four: View Results for Individual Subject
1. You will see a listing of 18 subjects and be able to inspect the data for subject JHU296. Within JHU296, you have the ability to display just clinical, just imaging, just protein or all the data available for the subject including ECG and SNP. By default, the All button is selected. Click on the "JHU296" link.
2. Within the view of JHU296's data, you see one example of how we can show the data.
Step Five: Download Results for Subjects that meet the Criteria
1. Click on the "Download to Excel" link.
2. Click "OK" on the Open With/Save window that appears
3. Within the Excel spreadsheet you can see all the available data for all the subjects that meet the criteria specified. Close Excel.
4. Click on the "Return to Results" link.
5. Return to step 1 of Step Four and click a different radio button to see a different view of the data.